This teaching resource (lesson plan, presentation slides and worksheets) will help pupils learn about businesses and entrepreneurs, how product or service prices are determined and how to make a profit from owning a business.
By the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
- Differentiate between running a business, and having a job as sources of income
- Define and list the characteristics of an entrepreneur
- Understand how profits are made within a business.
Teaching guide with:
- A list of required resources & materials – most of which, are provided
- Clearly defined learning objectives and outcomes
- Step-by-step teaching instructions
- Suggested teaching scripts to support the presentation slides, and discussion questions
- Activities and corresponding photocopiable worksheets
- Homework/extension worksheets - to further enhance the lesson and challenge your students with real-life scenarios that provide practical money management skill-building opportunities.
- Answers to worksheet questions.
- Colourful presentation slides - to supplement your classroom teaching and engage the pupils
- Pre and post evaluation questionnaires - to help you measure the effectiveness of this or any other financial literacy programme.
This lesson plan is intended for use in a range of settings, by educators who want to address basic money management issues, or add financial literacy to their curriculum and range of skills taught. It may be particularly relevant if you are a:
- After-school educational services provider
- Youth worker
- Lesson Plan/Teaching Guide
- Presentations slides
- Pre/Post Evaluation Questionnaire Guide
- Pre-Evaluation Questionnaire
- Post Evaluation Questionnaire.